Now that we all have a lot more time on our hands than we may have initially thought, I came up with some fun, productive and relaxing things you can do round the house. It’s important to keep yourself busy to get a sense of normality and I hope you’re all keeping positive. I’ve used a lot of this time to work on my blog and catch up on my social life which I’ve really enjoyed! That being said read on to here my 30 things you can do whilst in Isolation.
Fun Things to Do!
1. Video call your friends and family to keep in contact
2. Find some old board games to play with the people in the house
3. Play online games with other people
4. Play on a Video Console
5. Learn a Dance Routine
6. Play with your pets (They will love having you in the house!)
7. Listen to uplifting and happy music (you’ll soon be singing along)
8. Plan some fun activities that your going to do when this is all over
9. Get creative – do some art, make a scrapbook, edit some photos online, the list goes on!
10. Set yourself fun challenges to do round the house. For example, see how long can you go without touching the floor or how many books can you stack on one another.
Productive Things To Do!
11. Clean and tidy around the house
12. Sort through old clothes to see what can go to charity/be altered once things settle down
13. Sort through your kitchen cupboards to see what things you can use to make delicious meals with
14. Do an online workout or go outside for a walk or run (just keep to social distancing)
15. Learn a new skill! Ideally something you’ve been putting off for a while 😉
16. Sort through bank statements/important documentation that need organising
17. After 1st April, begin your tax return/sort out your finances
18. Sort through your email inbox to get rid of any junk email and unsubscribe to any email lists you’re no longer interested in
19. Create a schedule to have a routine to your day. This will help bring a sense of normality and will make sure you get things done round the house
20. Do any DIY jobs round the house that need doing
Relaxing Things To Do!
21. Find some online yoga or meditation to follow
22. Read a Book
23. Do some baking (there are plenty of recipes on my blog of simple and easy dessert ideas)
24. Pamper yourself with a relaxing bath or face mask
25. Watch TV (take the time to catch up on all those TV shows you’ve been meaning to watch 😛 )
26. Find some soothing essential oils to create a relaxing aroma
27. Make a list of things you are grateful for to keep the positive energy going
28. Listen to a podcast
29. If you are in Isolation with other people make sure you have time dedicated to yourself
30. Make sure you have a good nights sleep to ensure you’re feeling energised and positive in the morning. There are loads of tricks that can help you have a better night’s sleep so I recommend finding some that work for you via google.
I hope you enjoyed reading my ideas on things to do round the house and I hope you’re all keeping well. Remember that we are all one day closer to things returning to normal and I think that’s a really important thing to remember.